Key Things to Know:
- Black and white printing costs 10 cents per page; color is 50 cents per page.*
- Campus Cards (your Columbia ID) are required for all print
jobs. For information about adding money to your Campus Card, please visit the
Campus Card Office website:
- Oasis course schedules and Library Catalog records are free to print, but you still need to swipe your Campus Card to release the print jobs.
- Don’t have a Campus Card? Purchase a Go Print card with cash on the 1st Floor – also known as cash-to-card.
- Color printing must be directed to the Public Color Printer located on the 1st Floor; color printing is only available for those paying with the Campus Card (not the cash card).
- In a hurry? There is a Quick Print station available on the 1st Floor for printing Microsoft Word documents only.
How to print:
Send the print job as you normally would. Do not change the printer setting unless you want to print in color. Only if you are printing in color do you need to change the printer setting to the1st Floor Color printer.
Make a note of the number on the computer.
Go to the monitor next to the printer.
Select the bubble that corresponds to the computer on which you are working.
Then select the items you would like to print (note the color changes to green to indicate you’ve selected it).
Now, press continue and then swipe your campus card.
Locating your printer:
There are computers on every floor of the library and printers on the first three floors. It works like this:
- 1st Floor computers send print jobs to the 1st Floor printer.
- 2nd Floor computers send print jobs to both the 2nd floor printer and the 1st Floor printer.
- 3rd Floor computers send print jobs to both the 3rd Floor printer and the 1st Floor printer.
- 4th Floor computers send print jobs to the 1st Floor printer.
- 5th Floor computers send print jobs to the 1st Floor printer.
EXCEPTION: If you are paying for printing with cash, you will pay and pick up your print job from the 1st Floor printer. Remember, when paying with cash, the prints are only available in black and white.
Go Print cash-to-card instructions:
|Go Print cash-to-card machine|
The Go Print cash-to-card machine only takes dollar bills (no coins). It costs $1 to purchase a new print card – 50 cents of that $1 is for the cost of the card and 50 cents can be used to pay for printing. Adding more money to the card can be done at any time at the Go Print cash-to-card machine.
Still confused? Ask library staff for help. We don’t mind, really!
*All fees are subject to change without notice.