The library added a great new music database this year.
Promoted as "the most comprehensive database in streaming audio, video, reference, and scores on the web," Music Online Database is the best resource for students interested in researching or listening to music.
Included in Music Online are the following resources - all searchable individually or as one (BIG) database.
Music Online Listening
- American Song
- Classical Music Library
- Contemporary World Music
- Jazz Music Library
- Smithsonan Global Sound
- African American Music Reference
- Classical Music Reference Library
- Garland Encyclopedia of World Music Online
- Classical Scores Library
- Browse - so many ways to browse either the listening or reference collection. Just to name a few: Albums, Composers, Cultural Groups, Genres, Instruments, Scores, Song Titles, etc...
- Playlists -create your own playlist of music by simply creating an account in Music Online. You can create playlists containing whole works, segments, and/or other items such as links to any URL. Playlists can be annotated, edited, copied, shared, and all playlists contain their own unique static URL. Playlists can be used as lists of personal favorites, class viewing/listening assignments, or as a teaching resource for in-class use.
- Discography - for those artists you can't get enough of;
- Chronology - timeline of music from 1900 to present;
- Biography - for the life's story of your favorite musicians and performers;
- Images/Cover Art - to see the variations for different pressings of the same album;
- Liner Notes - for reading all of the fascinating details about your favorite recording...
- and so much more!